If you want to change the world, educate a woman!
The Girlfriend Factor believes, and research has shown, that education is the key to economic advancement and self-sufficiency among women. Our goal is to ensure that higher education and occupational training are financially accessible to all adult women who choose to improve their position in life.
About Our Recipients
The recipients of our Go Girl! Grants are real women with real dreams and goals and stories to tell. To date, we have supported over 130 local women with over $420,000 in grants as they pursue four year degrees or occupational certifications. They must be at least 25 years of age, show financial need and be passionate about a specific educational path that will lead them to a specific career. Some of the schools they’ve attended are College of the Desert, CSUSB, California Desert Trial Academy, Loma Linda School of Dentistry, Brandman University and International School of Beauty. Most of these women stay within our community to gain employment because they are already established here – so ultimately we all win.
• You must be 25 years old or older.
• You must be working towards a specific undergraduate degree or occupational certification.
• You need to show how this educational path will prepare you for a specific employment goal.
• You must be able to prove that you have the determination and ability to reach your goals.
• You must be currently enrolled in school in at least two classes.
• You must apply for financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. www.fafsa.ed.gov
• You must live and go to school in the Coachella Valley, CA.
There are five steps to applying for a Go Girl! Grant.
- Print out and complete the grant-application.
- Prepare a one-page autobiography.
- Provide information about your course of study and the cost to attain your goal.
- Submit three references.
- Be prepared for a personal interview.
Mail the top three documents to:
The Girlfriend Factor
77734 Country Club Dr. #E
Palm Desert, CA 92211
Deadlines: Applications are reviewed and processed in January and August. They must be received by the 15th day of the previous month (December 15th and July 15th) for consideration in these designated months. All applications received after these deadlines will be considered in the next processing period.